Friday, July 8, 2011

St. Stephen's Green Park, Dublin

© Ann Brien

This beautiful park, St. Stephen's Green, in the heart of Dublin city is where I head for when I've spent an exhausting day walking around the stores. There's a sense of tranquility about the place, perhaps it's the ducks gently gliding across the pond or the people sitting on benches lost in their own private worlds. They too probably come to seek refuge from the bustling crowds.

© Ann Brien

Three Fates Bronze Sculpture. A gift to us from the people of Germany for our help given to refugees following the Second World War.

© Ann Brien

© Ann Brien

Famine Sculpture by Edward Delaney

Last Wednesday was one such day for me and even though it had just started to rain I still sought sanctuary from the streets and weather here in my little piece of paradise. Taken July 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I love this..great piece of art. Nice blog, gr8 pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Raziel. Yes indeed, beautiful sculpture depicting such a sad time in Ireland's history. I particularly love capturing images of Dublin's parks and historic buildings. Must get around soon to uploading some more! Take care and Cheers!

    ReplyDelete